08.05.09

byJoeGalvez Yesterday, the country has finally bid their last farewell to the queen we never had, the democracy icon, President Corazon Aquino. PGMA made the day a non-working holiday beforehand. And since the duty calls, I drag myself to work at 7am.

Thanks to ANC’s live streaming, we were able to watch the requiem mass in Manila Cathedral all the way to the funeral march to Manila Memorial Park. Past 3pm, nearing my shift’s end, the march was still not in Nichols Interchange. I live in Sucat so there’s no way I can go home but to wait until everything was done. Past 4pm, the march has just passed Nichols. I texted my husband that I won’t be able to come home yet. He volunteered to fetch me as the north bound lane is traffic free. Half past 5, he was already in SM Makati.

He had his merienda/dinner first and since I still feel full because of water overload (I’m on a diet, you know), I just watched him eat. Afterwards, we went window shopping both in SM and Glorietta. I was supposed to buy a flip-flops but the designs available in All Flip Flops are not too cute for me. The husband however was able to buy a Sandugo slipper.

hp6 Past 7pm, I received a text from a colleague that the march has not arrived yet in Sucat. So the husband insisted to watch a movie instead. I was not keen of seeing a movie lately but since I haven’t watched the latest Harry Potter(I know, I am so, so, so late about this), I obliged. The husband bought me Wendy’s salad for my dinner. What can I say about the story? Too bitin. Of course, I was like comparing the whole story again and the book itself. I heard, Book 7 will have 2 parts for the movie. I just hope it’ll give justice to the book – without cutting important scenes.

Anyways, to cut the long story short, we were home at 11pm. The little boy is already asleep and I was so dead tired that I immediately hit the sack right after I my nightly ritual.

It was one tiring day for me? Where were you yesterday?

Comments

No responses to “08.05.09”