Goodbye nappies?

My mom started to potty train my son before he turns one. He didn’t even use his potty trainer as he prefers to poop in the toilet. Before he turns two, he doesn’t wear nappies during daytime. The hardest part of potty training him is whenever we go out of the house, i.e., going to the mall or groceries and during the night. We had several accidents inside the mall and groceries.

Before I got pregnant, we already told him to stop wearing nappies. We even told him that DryPants_product2 instead of buying nappies, we can buy toys for him. When I got pregnant, we openly discussed to him that he is already a kuya and he should do this and that - including not wearing diapers anymore. We have attempted it several times (including the time he has to go to school) but we failed. He had accidents in school and shows he was ashamed of what happen. He doesn’t want to sit down even on public vehicle if he is wet. I guessed he is still not prepared to say goodbye to his nappies.

Last Monday though, we run out of nappies. We don’t have time to go to the groceries so we drypers XL thought of letting him sleep through the night without a nappy. Before that, we remind him that he isn’t wearing a nappy and that he should advise us if he wants to pee. The first two days, as I usually had the urge to pee at 12 midnight, I have to wake up the husband to take the little boy to the comfort room to pee. Lately though, the husband is too tamad to wake up at midnight so I let it pass. I can’t carry the little boy, you know. It has been 4 straight nights and he didn’t have any accidents at all.

Is it goodbye to nappies now? Or it’s still too early to tell?

Comments

One response to “Goodbye nappies?”

Cordovajimdel said...
October 10, 2011 at 2:09 PM

We have attempted it several times (including the time he has to go to school) but we failed. He had accidents in school and shows he was ashamed of what happen.

Visit my site http://chat.ph

Thank you.