Hell Monday

Argh! I need air to breathe. Okay Chat, breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out.

Alright. This is the day of rejoicing, right? To those of you who know what I am talking about, yes, I'm back. After a month of being an owl, I'm literally a day person again. I have successfully surpassed a month-long graveyard shift. Woohoo!

Or so I thought...

This is a toxic day for me. I was welcomed with tons and tons of network problems. Remember the last time this happened to me? Yes, it was the 24th of December.

First, the fiber optic in the 21/F is broken. I don't know with those people up there who likes to tinker on our network cabinet. Don't you know that the cabinet was sacred to us. One wrong touch, one wrong move can make a total chaos to our team. But look what you did? You just broke the SC plug of the cable. Ahhh!

Second, the company auditor from Geneva has the weirdest laptop ever. Once a data cable is plugged in, the network is doing fine. Seconds after, it isn't working anymore. The man is good enough to listen to me as I ask him to transfer to another place so that I can work on the data port on his area. What do I receive from those around him? A weird and stange look. Why? Can't I not ask him to move from the place I need to work on just to finish the issue just because he's a visitor/foreigner? Yeah, right!

Third, the numerous network problems of operations PC from the 21/F to the 20/F. I'm getting dizzy moving from one floor to another. I even feel like there's an earthquake whenever I stand still.

I can't enumerate all as I haven't finish everything yet. That doesn't include my regular tasks of hundred and hundreds of tickets to post and escalate, IDs to create and recertify, databases to replicate, servers to compact, etc.

Enough of this for now. I just need to vent out how I feel using my break time. I need to go back to work now. I wish I could start bloghopping tomorrow.

Comments

No responses to “Hell Monday”