My ultimate katangahan

Before I begin, let me just greet myself and my home a "HAPPY 3RD MONTHSARY!" I should be rejoicing, right? I can't.... I made my ultimate katangahan last week.

I'm an IT person, yeah right. Or should I say the worst in this field. After being absent from the blogging world last week - notice my previous posts - I thought of getting my own domain at WordPress. My boss can't block it since he's reading a blog own by someone from his past there. I thought that could make the trick of continuing my new found passion of blogging. So I giddily bought a domain in WordPress not knowing that there are still some things I need to consider. I asked Jane the whereabouts of it, but lo and behold, she answered back that I need someone to host my blog. WTF?! What's that?

I asked Jhong about it. That was when I realize I made my ultimate katangahan. I bought a domain without someone to host it. Oh no!!! Can somebody shed some light for me? Advices mommies please???

Comments

3 Responses to “My ultimate katangahan”

March 20, 2008 at 7:34 AM

dont worry di ka lang nagiisa
that happened to me. what you bought from wordpress is their domain and domain mapping, did you pay for the USD15?
if you did, oks lang yun, kasi ang host mo eh wordpress pa rin so you need to abide with their rules meaning choose from their themes lang. but the good thing is they can automatically redirect your blog to your domain, yan ang domain mapping.

abie said...
March 20, 2008 at 12:23 PM

hi sis...ako din may domain ako pero di naman ako nag bayad for the hosting...i still use blogspot for the hosting...i think naman kse di ko pa kailangan ng hosting since i can upload pictures and videos naman for free sa blogspot...

i think, gaya nga ng sabi ni ems, pwede pa din yung domain name mo...bale sa wordpress nga lang ang hosting mo...

i think pwede mo ding gamitin yang domain name na yan sa blogspot kung mas sanay ka sa blogspot...punta ka lang sa settings - publishing, then use custom domain and type mo yung domain mo...you can even use this domain name to redirect yung existing blogspot mo if u plan to still use it para marami ng entries..

http://www.myplanetpurple.com
http://howellabie.blogspot.com
http://princessbela16.blogspot.com

Apols said...
March 23, 2008 at 12:01 AM

hi chat, you need to subscribe to a host, parang provider siya ng uptime service ng blog mo, parang server na pwede mag up and down hehehe!

you can always subscribe for a host, yearly siya na renewal