Confessions

I confess that I never was a good daughter in the eyes of my parents. When I got pregnant, my phone was bombarded with preachy messages from my dad. Yes, we are Christians but I'd rather say I'm not a practicing one. Added to that was my mom's cold treatment as if I don't exist at all. I often receive a lot of reactions (including my relatives from my mom) that I was stupid and all. According to my parents, I never love them for I didn't respect their opinion but rather decided on my own.

I confess I got pregnant out of wedlock. In the eyes of God, I am sinner. It came to my mind to abort the baby then. The fear of Him prevails as I didn't cover up my mess by having another "major" sin. Now, seeing my baby is worth all the pains I had when I conceive him. He was able to cover up all the pains inside me.

I confess I am not yet married to the man I love. We do have plans but things aren't falling into their proper places at the moment. We will, soon. Oh yes, we have the weirdest setup one can imagine. We sort of live in together in my parents' place (we can't afford to move out yet).

Comments

5 Responses to “Confessions”

michellethea said...
January 17, 2008 at 1:43 PM

Hi chat! kung ako sayo, i won't dwell too much on other people's disapproval.
pakita mo sa kanila na your decision is correct and you're enjoying every minute you are with your baby.
lam mo may blessing ka pa din from God, kasi you did not resort to abortion.
cheers to you! ;)

CHAT said...
January 17, 2008 at 10:29 PM

thanks thea! whenever i see my son, i knew i made the right choice.

Apols said...
January 18, 2008 at 12:28 AM

Hi chat, it must have hard for you not getting your approval from your parents but i think everybody should move on now since past is already past :)

i wish that everything will be great for you and your partner in the future; konting tiyaga lang maaayos din yan.

take care.

Apols said...
January 18, 2008 at 12:29 AM

*it must have been hard for you pala hehe

CHAT said...
January 18, 2008 at 6:03 AM

i agree, it was so damn hard. pero i still believe that everything will fall into its proper places someday...