Joshua's diet

My little boy is G6PD positive in his newborn screening. I still don't understand the whole meaning of those but I make it a point to know by heart the foods and medicines that are a no-no for him. No soya or any products with soya, no menthol (even mouthwash), no beans, no red wine (poor boy, he would be missing this when he grows up), no tonic water. Since studies have shown that there is no direct effect if he is exposed to this except for fava beans (which I believe is not available here), I sometimes let him taste some foods (like adobo which has soy sauce on it) that are a no-no to his diet. I know, I'm such a bad mommy.

Now, my little boy is turning two this March and loves to eat a lot. He loves munching breads, cookies, chocolates, grapes, oranges, and apples. No softdrinks and no junkfoods yet for him unitl he turns seven (that's my own rule that daddy sometimes break when I'm not around, as if I don't know). Aside from that, he still drinks his milk every now and then. I'm not complaining though. I just recently notice that he drinks 7 oz of milk more than three times a day. He can actually consume a can of 1 kilo of milk in a week. Gawd! He's drinking like a newborn baby!

Well, I just hope he gains more weight this time as I badly wanted him to.

Comments

One response to “Joshua's diet”

Ozzy's Mom said...
January 23, 2008 at 2:00 PM

bloghopping lng ako..:) aliw ako same name babies natin.

nku hind ako nkapag nb screening. nobody suggested that to me kaya.

tsk.tsk.