Father and Son

Mommies, were you able to experience being jealous with the daddy as your kid favors him over you. I don’t know if it’s normal, but I’m feeling it right now. Let me explain my reasons:

1. Whenever I arrive home without the daddy, the little boy ignores me and stands in front of our main door and say “Daddy.”

2. Whenever asked who he loves most, is it me or his daddy – the answer is “Daddy.”

3. Whenever asked if he would come with me or his daddy – it’s still the “Daddy.”

4. Whenever his daddy is asleep, the little boy behaves so well. But whenever I am asleep, he steps on me – on my legs, on my head, on my chest, and on my tummy. (Note: I delivered him via C-section so would you imagine how painful it was for me whenever he does it)

5. Whenever his daddy embraces me – he removes his daddy’s arm on me and instead stay in-between us.

6. He kisses his daddy all time without any reasons, without telling him to do so. Me? Nevermind.

However, all strenuous activities – giving him a bath, feeding him, brushing his teeth, putting on his clothes, preparing his milk, playing and singing – the little boy would say “Meme.” I don’t actually complain about this as I love spending time with him. I just can’t accept the fact that after all the time I have spent with him; after doing all the things he wanted me to do though I sometimes make myself look stupid (I’m a spoiler, daddy’s the strict one) - he’s showing me that he likes his daddy than me. Help mommies!

Comments

2 Responses to “Father and Son”

Jen said...
January 31, 2008 at 11:59 AM

Hi Chat! I thought only little girls were "daddy's girls". Pwede rin pala "daddy's boys". :)

January 31, 2008 at 2:19 PM

hey chat, stages daw yan eh. kaya ako ninanamnam ko pa ang pagiging mama's boy ni ethan who knows next month extra clingy na sya sa baba niya. heheh!