Bonus time

Yehey! Today is the 15th of May and our company will be giving out our 15th month pay.

Or so I thought. I thought I’ll be reaping my very first bonus as a regular employee here in our company. Since our benefit matrix states that all regular employees are entitled to such, I was expecting a to receive a little as I know mine will still be prorated as I haven’t rendered one year of service for them. Just early this morning, I was actually trying to check online whether my payroll account has increased its digits, but to my dismay, it doesn’t.

I went home with mixed emotions. When I got home, I send a SMS to my colleague confirming whether she has received her bonus, and she said yes. I immediately dash to the nearest ATM machine to check my balance, lo and behold, the digits have not yet changed. My world crashed upon seeing it.

Gone were the plans I have in mind on how to spend it. Like they always say, “Wag magbilang ng manok hanggat di pa napipisa ang mga itlog.” Oh well… Life still must go on 

Comments

No responses to “Bonus time”